As a rule, short term Schengen visa applications to Estonia should be submitted at the Visa Application Centres of VFS Global. Exceptions can be made to the service or public affairs passport owners and family members of EU citizens. If requested by the consular officer, the applicant is required to appear at the Estonian Embassy in Beijing in person to provide explanations concerning the application.
Visa application should be lodged at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit (as this is the normal processing time) and cannot be lodged earlier than six months before the start of the intended visit.
State fee for processing the visa application
- Airport transit visa (A) 80 €
- Short-term visa (C) 80 €
- Short-term visa (C) children 6-12 years 40 €
- EU agreements on the facilitation of the issuance of visas (applies for the citizens of the Russian Federation and Ukraine): one-time and multiple-entry visa 35 €, urgent visa 70 €
- EU agreements on the facilitation of the issuance of visas (applies for the citizens of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYROM, Georgia, Montenegro, Serbia and Moldova) One-time and multiple-entry visa 35 €
If you submit your application at the Visa Application Center of VFS Global, your application fee will be collected by the center upon submitting your application. If you are eligible to lodge your application in the Estonian Embassy in Beijing, the fee should be paid electronically to either one of the following bank accounts. Please present the confirmation of payment together with your application documents.
Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE for collecting visa fee are the following:
- SEB Pank EE891010220034796011 SWIFT: EEUHEE2X
- Swedbank EE932200221023778606 SWIFT: HABAEE2X
- Luminor Bank AS EE701700017001577198 SWIFT: NDEAEE2X
- Reference number: 2900073630
- Clarification of the payment: Review of visa applications
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFERENCE NUMBER AND CLARIFICATION OF THE PAYMENT ARE COMPULSORY FIELDS ON THE PAYMENT ORDER.
The following persons are exempted from paying the visa fee:
- Children under 6 years;
- School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training;
- Researchers, as defined in point (2) of Article 3 of Directive (EU) 2016/801 of the European Parliament and of the Council ( 8 ), travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research or participating in a scientific seminar or conference;
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
Upon reasoned request, the visa fee may be waiver for:
Children from the age of six years and below the age of 18 years;
Holders of diplomatic and service passports;
Participants in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations, aged 25 years or less.